33Signals A Full Circle Digital Marketing Agency is a web marketing agency that offers SEO services, PPC services, social media marketing services, WordPress, Web Design Services.33Signals
Shopify is a powerful platform that makes it easy to quickly build beautiful online stores for your retail digital clients. One way to make that process even faster is to import products via CSV.
Which you could have our online e-commerce team ( hello ) @ 33signals.com do for you.
To help you do just that, we’ve compiled a set of shopify product CSVs that contain high quality images and product data, such as variants, that you can import into a Shopify store. These product CSVs provide product data for design and testing purposes, and can be used to build themes and stores on Shopify.
In this article you will learn easy step by step on getting started with your product list range:
- How to upload products via CSV file
- How to preview products before uploading from a CSV file
- How to automate product data importing with Developer Tools
Click the ‘Choose File’ button and select the product CSV file you would like to use for your store. I will be using the `apparel.csv` as an example in this article.
Above, you can see a product that’s been imported to the store via CSV file. Below, here’s that same product in ‘View’ using the free Debut theme by Shopify:
You might also like:
About the Author
BECOME A PARTNER
How Much Does It Really Cost to Build a WordPress
OUR WEBSITE BUDGET Estimating
How Much Does It Really Cost to Build a WordPress Website_
The Real Cost of Building a WordPress Site
Depending on your website needs, your cost to Start a WORDPRESS Website
can range from starting off by using wordpress.com yourself which is 100% free.
Your could also start off with a low cost build from a student or junior programmer by paying as little as €500 to €1500 to €3000, to even as high as €30,000 or much more for a deeply functional website with a fully proficient full stack development company.
Though It’s important to know what type of website you aiming to start off with and who will be building it, and what your product of service you are going to launch for your business. These early stage decisions will directly affect your initial cost, your startup budget so to say. Not to worry, we’ll show you how to avoid a financial disaster and make the best phase by phase logical website building decisions. For the sake of this best practice article, let’s break down websites into different budget categories:
- Building a WordPress website ( low budget)
- Building a WordPress website ( with more features)
- Building a WordPress eCommerce website
- Building a custom WordPress website
So you’re thinking now, how much does it really cost to build a WordPress website? We’ll also show you how to avoid overspending and minimize cost when building a website.Ok, let’s see how much each of these wordpress projects cost and how you can avoid spending any more than a necessary early stage budget.
- One of the questions we often get asked is: how much does it cost to build a WordPress website? While the core WordPress software is free, the cost of a WordPress site depends entirely on your budget and goals. In this article, we will break it all down to answer the ultimate question:
What Do You Need to Build a WordPress Website?
WordPress is free for anyone to download and use. It is an open source software which gives you freedom to install it on any kind of website.
So if WordPress is free, then where is the cost coming from?
The cost of a WordPress site can be broken down into following categories:
To create a self hosted WordPress site, you need web hosting to store your files. Every website on the internet needs hosting. This is your website’s home on the internet.
Next, you will need a domain name This will be your website’s address on the internet, and this is what your users will type in the browser to reach your website (example, 33signals.com in google.com).
With WordPress, there are tons of free website templates available that you can use. However if you want something more advanced / custom, then you can purchase a premium template or have one custom made which will raise the cost.
We estimate there are +-40,000+ free plugins for WordPress. and some paid plugin options which will enhance your functionality These are apps and extensions for your websites. Think features like contact form, gallery, etc.
So while you can build a WordPress website with just the WordPress or 3rd party hosting and domain cost, based on your budget situation, you may end up paying for additional tools and services, which most of the time you will to enhance the functionality of your wordpress website.
That’s why it’s often a little confusing for most people to find out the real cost of a WordPress website while they are in brainstorming business model phase. So, Let us review some basic factors and walk you through the real cost of building a WordPress site.
What is the Cost of a WordPress Website ( if your on a Low Budget )?
You can build a fully functional WordPress website for yourself and keep your costs under €100. Here is the cost break down of a WordPress website on low budget. First, you will need a domain name and web hosting.
A domain name typically costs between €9.00 – €14.99 / year, and web hosting normally costs €7.99 / month but siteground offers some exceptional pricing and discounts which can be viewed here
We always recommend our client , new users to start small and then add more functions and website features as their website grows, site traffic becomes regular and so on. This way you will not be eating into your budget by paying for anything that you don’t really need in the first place.
As you add more features to your website, your website cost will start to increase.
You can continue to use a hosting provider like SiteGround WordPress website hostingfor WordPress hosting to keep the cost low and get a free domain name.
However since you will be adding more features to your website, it may make sense to get a more powerful hosting configuration like SiteGround’s GoGeek plan. This will cost you a little more, and it comes with premium Siteground features like staging, faster performance, and can handle up to 100,000 visitors per month.
You can use our SiteGround coupon to get 60% off for the first year of your hosting.
You can also go for a premium WordPress template for your site.
Unlike free WordPress templates, these templates come with extra features and priority support. See our expert selection of 40 best responsive WordPress themes for some great premium templates that you can use.
To support a custom WordPress site, you may also want to go for a WPEngine as a Premium WordPress hosting provider.
This is WordPress centric hosting environment, with managed updates, premium support, strict security, and developer friendly tools. In addition to your hosting and domain name, you will also be paying the developer that’s building your website.
The cost of a custom website depends on your requirements, budget, and the rates of the developer or agency you hire.
A standard custom WordPress theme alone can cost you upto €5000. While More robust WordPress sites with specific custom features can cost up to €15000 or even higher.
Update: Since several of you asked for a more details on this section, we have created a comprehensive guide on how much does a custom WordPress theme cost, and tips on how you can save money.
- They are recommended by WordPress
- They use the fastest speed technology
- People who migrate see nice load time improvements
- They helped me get 200ms load times in Pingdom + .5s in GTmetrix
- They use PHP 7 (checks yours here)
- They use HTTP/2 servers (checks yours here)
- They have fast server response times (check yours here)
- Ivica runs the WordPress Speed Up Facebook Group and ranks them #1
- They have 1-click Cloudflare activation in their cPanel (view demo)
- SG Optimizer plugin keeps your site updated with latest PHP version
- Support for WordPress is amazing (tickets usually answered in <10 min)
- They will migrate you for free
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
- Automatic daily backups
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Weekly security email notifications
- They constantly release new security updates
- I usually get 100% uptimes but 99.99% is guaranteed
- They are super helpful in WordPress-related Facebook Groups
- SiteGround is not an EIG company (EIG has a horrible reputation)
- Out of the 50 people I referred to SiteGround in July, not 1 person cancelled
- Their GrowBig plan comes with more server resources
- Their semi-dedicated GoGeek plan comes with even more server resources
- They’re consistently #1 in Facebook polls (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5)
- They’re consistently #1 in Facebook threads (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9)
We recommend you make a list of your required essential premium WordPress plugins and extensions that you’ll need as your site grows, this a must in some cases of certain functions your plan to offer from your website. For money saving and more website features you need to use a combination of free + paid plugin addons.
How to Avoid Overpaying on your WordPress website and Save on your budget Spending?
Look for best WordPress deals and coupons to get additional discounts whenever you can. Even for robust WordPress sites you don’t always need to hire a developer. We have step by step tutorials on how to create different types of WordPress websites such as:
- How to create a business directory with WordPress
- How to create a job board with WordPress
- How to create a portfolio website with WordPress
- How to build an auction website using WordPress
- How to build a coupons website with WordPress
- How to create a multilingual website with WordPress
- How to create an online review website with WordPress
- How to create a questions & answers website with WordPress
- How to create a wiki knowledge base website using WordPress
You can start with a budget website using free plugins and template. Once you start getting visitors, you can consider adding premium features like a premium template, email marketing, paid backup plugin, website firewall and so on. Same goes for your eCommerce website. Start with bare minimum and then as you start selling, you will find out exactly the tools that will help you and your customers.
We always recommend our users to start small and then scale their WordPress site as it grows. In many cases you don’t need all the premium features that you see on many well established websites in your industry. Keep in mind that those websites had a head start, and it likely took them time to figure out how to manage costs and grow their business.
We hope this article answered your questions about how much does it cost to build a WordPress website.
DIGITAL MARKETING STATISTICS (2018)
50+ USA GAME-CHANGING SMALL BUSINESS. Factual Marketing Reports
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT by 33Signals
Each social media network is listed below, with details about what is
included in the package and tasking explained we use on a regular basis:
• Content Promotion – Every article of unique content that 33Signals writes for you will be promoted on social media networks. Not only will this increase the number of new followers, end user clients, people who will read this content, but it will improve your SEO as well.
• Creating Custom Images – Up to two (2) custom graphics per week.
• Customer Service – When people are unhappy or happy about a program or product, they’ll
often head to social media to voice their opinions. We’ll respond to any feedback that’s received
promptly and courteously. We’ll also answer any questions that potential users may have.
• Interacting with Other Pages – To help catch the eye of complementary, non-competing
businesses. This will lead to more sharing of company content and status updates and
introduce people to the brand. Engagement of most kinds inside Facebook lead to trails of following minds.
• Unique Posts – We will post 2-3 times on your Facebook page, on average, every day. These
posts will be a combination of custom articles and either custom or photographic graphics, this is known as calls to action, that lead to people visiting the website. We also produce snippet of company-based news articles.
Facebook Ads : Social Media Management by 33Signals
- Ad concept and copy to be created by 33signals
- Management of the campaign by 33Signals
- Analytics reports, Facebook analytics brief weekly analysis
- Graphic design with appropriate paid for stock photographs and or copyright free and or we supply our stock photo
- Audience targeting, demographics, geo location, specific company personnel
- Adjusting ads as needed to maximize and achieve the best results in the shortest time.
- Determining what content is best suited with the in vogue city or country or global events, to audience post.
- A/B testing between multiple adverts within the same campaign, noted geo location testing,etc
- We can target specific demographics and whomever you’d like us to with Facebook ads, and if you want to spend more per
month on ads we can accommodate that growth.
- If the campaign goes well and you want to expand, we charge a 15% ad management fee with a €750/month minimum fee.
• Updates – Studies have shown that daily updates ( an we can xml link feeds from your blog as well ) on Google+ directly impact how well your site is ranked after 90 days. A percentage of these updates will link back to the company site directly, having an even greater impact on SEO.
• Communities – Many people still use Google+ just for the purpose of engaging in the communities
on the social network, and we’ll be active in all the relevant ones. We’ll check out what already
exists and create our own communities when relevant ones don’t already exist. Streaming content into Google+ is effective with #hashtags and back links.
• Adding Targeted Pages To Google+ Circles – Similar to Twitter lists, and effective in helping to regularly interact with the right people and as a second tie technical setup we can send them via automated blog post feeds
• Hashtags – We’ll include appropriate latest trending social media hashtags in updates. People use hashtags to search for posts that they’re interested in, so we’ll make sure that we’re using the ones that are the most relevant and popular.
• Ad management – You provide the budget ( we retain 25% upfront ) and we manage the targeting, monitoring and reporting. This will allow your posts to reach individuals and businesses who aren’t already familiar with your brand, who fit into your target audience and will convert into leads.
Additional adverts management fee: 15% of ad budget
Our minimum monthly fee : €1,000
• LinkedIn Group Involvement – Joining in and engaging with members of LinkedIn groups. This
will increase engagement from those not already following the company page and drive traffic
back to the website. We will join 5-7 group discussions a week. This includes promoting
content from the site when appropriate.
• LinkedIn Group Management – Post once a week in each at least and jump into the discussions
others are having when appropriate.
• Interaction – Following other LinkedIn pages, focusing on growth hackers, thought leaders and companies that are related to your brand, but are not your direct in country competitors. We’ll share their content periodically when it is the type of content that speaks to your audience, appealing reading, breaking product news, facts.
• Updates – An average of two posts on the company’s LinkedIn page, which will reach those
following it. All blog posts, articles and press mentions will be promoted via the page.
• Engagement – Interacting and pinning content from other sites that have a “Pin It” button next
to them will help to build the relationships you need to bring the company to the next level.
This will also ensure that you’re not being viewed by users as being overly self promotional.
• Creating Boards – We’ll create an average of one new board a week, based on what your
followers are interested in.
• Original Pins – We’ll create original pins that will promote the company and engage people
who love what it offers, but don’t know it yet. Infographics with writing tips, humorous memes,
etc. are all great types of content that will get repinned, and put the company in front of the
right audience. An average of three per day is included.
- Content Promotion – We’ll continually share company content, which will help drive effective traffic to the site and raise awareness of the company and or product or brand. This also sends signals to the search engines that your content is worth sharing, which can help improve the site’s SEO.
• Customer Service – We’ll monitor for tweets and specific people tweeting about the company, even if they don’t @them directly. If they have something awesome to say, we’ll make sure to retweet, favourite
and let everyone know. If they have something negative to say, we’ll let you know immediately
and respond to them promptly and courteously. And if they have questions, we’ll answer them
• Daily Tweets – An average of 8-10 tweets a day. Approximately 25-33% of the content will be
self promotional, the rest of the focus will be on providing value to the community and
interacting with the company’s target #hashtag audience.
• Hashtag Creation and Management – We’ll keep a close eye on trending topics, and when
appropriate, jump in on the conversation using the appropriate hashtag. This will help increase
visibility of the company, as well as lead to more followers and interaction.
• Interacting for PR Purposes – One of the most effective uses of Twitter is as a PR tool.
Journalists are active on Twitter, and regularly use it to find factual sources to quote in their articles.We create a specific new lists of journalists, bloggers, vlogggers and industry influencers to target on Twitter, by this, we build relationships and introduce them to the brand and or company, which ever your are wanting at the forefront of your campaigns. This is one of the most effective and fastest ways Twitter can deliver a great ROI.
• Keyword Monitoring – We like to use interactive tools like Hootsuite, tweet deck to monitor for people talking about particular topics and or relevant topics about or on your company, then we jump in and interact as necessary with every most relevant tweet we feel is rewarding to your campaign.
• Twitter Chats – We’ll participate in one Twitter chat per month on behalf of your brand. If no
Twitter chats exist, we can create and manage our own (this isn’t easy, but we know what we’re
CONTENT AND CONTENT MARKETING : Social Media Management by 33Signals
By our curating, the creating unique content your clients want to read and promoting the blogs via social media and other content marketing methods, we’ll attract significantly more traffic to your site over the next (3) three months. It starts with blog optimizing, which we can do with a variety of plugins and
SEO tweaks, and what is more important is to optimise the server speed.
Industry has found it’s not about how much content you post to your site, but how targeted the content is and how well you’re able to promote it. This is also true of the SEO side of blogging, and there’s a very intense strategy to that – our writers go to great lengths to ensure each post is optimized, including formatting, internal and external back linking and the insertion of hashtags to specific link pulls we are chasing after for and on your behalf.
We write four different types of blog posts:
• In-industry link bait – We include quotes from at least 3 experts in each of these posts, focusing
on those that have large social media followings of their own. This way, we can leverage their
networks to drive more traffic to the site (experts often share links to blog posts they’re
featured in). This also sends good signals to search engine crawlers, which value content that
gets shared via social networks.
WORD COUNT :1,500+
COST : €550 FEE
• In-depth posts – One of the best ways to improve organic traffic is most definable with in-depth posts as one of the most effective ways.These post are targeted to your potential buyers and have a focused SEO direction. These long-form posts are designed to draw in specific demographic and or organic search traffic, and can be a great way to passively generate leads on a consistent basis.
Research has shown that the latest Google algorithm updates favour long-form content, and posts that have 2,000 + words or more tend to generate the biggest SEO returns over time.
WORD COUNT : 2,000+
COST : €850 FEE.
WORD COUNT : 3,000+
COST : €1350 FEE
• List blogs – List posts are clickable, readable and shareable content that should be incorporated
into any solid blogging strategy. We recommend occasionally incorporating complementary
experts, companies and events in order to catch their attention and get them to help promote
the content – again, leveraging other networks to increase the size of your own.
WORD COUNT : 1,000+ words,
COST €500 FEE
• Observation posts – These provide observations about subjects, subject matter your potential customers may be interested in. Alternately, they can be brand storytelling posts that highlight your expertise or specific case studies.
WORD COUNT : 500-600 words
COST : €250 FEE
WORD COUNT : 300-400 words
Cost : €150 FEE
Content can be priced by the piece on an individual basis or project by project mandate. We can also design custom content to go along with PR campaign and content marketing initiatives, in the middle of the campaign as a snap on service. * Additional fees apply.
One of the quickest, fastest and most positive ways of social media engineering, being effective in the best practice ways to generate backlinks, significantly increase referral traffic and get more people contacting you is to write guest blogs on a regular basis.
If you’ll write them, we’ll edit them and pitch them around. Alternately, we can swap out on-site blogs for off-site blogs, which we can curate and or ghostwrite under your name and send it over for your approval before finding a home for it on a larger site.
Content Marketing : Social Media Management by 33Signals
The whole point of #hashtagging and citing experts and complimentary, non-competing companies in your blog content is so that these companies, startups and or establish businesses and entertainment or social media influencers will help us promote the content via social media.
Each post will include the social media handles of the people and companies we cite, so you can @ them
on Twitter, follow them on LinkedIn, etc.
Backlink acquisition is also an important aspect of getting content to rank well in SERPs. SEM is also a key performance result deliver , although strategic PR is the best bet for generating the most high-quality back links, but the Skyscraper Technique is also a valuable tool that we employ with our content packages.
Additional cost per post: €200.
Here’s how the Skyscraper Technique works: You start by researching popular trends, topics, and already well-received pieces of existing content across the topic areas your business typically covers.
Then, you look for new and unique ways to create content that communicates a similar message — with a twist. This might mean that you leverage a new, more engaging medium, update the statistics, or employ a better design.
Once you’ve created a new and improved piece of content, reach out to the folks that have already linked out to similar content to put your piece on their radar … and hopefully earn a link
We’ll reach out to 10 websites per month as part of this back link acquisition strategy. In addition to the websites that we target, we’ll also reach out to complimentary, non-competing websites in the same sector. The goal here is to get relevant and influential sites to link to your website and or blog content to help it rank better. We’ll email the websites we link to, and ask for links back to our content in return (and/or social shares of the content).
ANALYTICS AND REPORTING ( Google ) Social Media Management by 33Signals
You’ll receive a comprehensive report each month, which details:
• Progress on PR – what’s still pending publishing, what we’re currently working on and what we’re
lining up for the future or jumped onto an event to link in your brand.
• Increases in social media following, referral traffic and post , click through engagement
• Changes in site traffic, geo location, demographics, device usage
• Changes in Alexa ranking, best weight over a month or more
• Number of keywords you’re ranking with (and how many are in positions 1-3 and 4-10)
• Referral traffic – interesting referrers, percentage increases, backlinks.
• Organic traffic – keywords, PPC value, percentage increase monitoring.
• Popular content – this helps to determine what your readers are most interested in, so we can
generate more of it (and link more to existing popular content)
• Opportunities via PR and Social media
• Interesting in vogue or topic specific stories the company and or brand we may be able to take advantage of around the Facebook post, linking demographics to stories
We look forward to being of great service and create rewarding results for your company
Essentials and Essentials Plus
Designed for small and mid-sized businesses that have already done some form of Facebook / Instagram advertising. Essentials and Essentials Plus are designed to further enhance your brand using Facebook and Instagram adverts, and Include the following:
- ADVERT CREATIVE
2 x professionally created static adverts OR up to a maximum of 2 x VIDEO adverts. VIDEO adverts will be refreshed a maximum of every 6 weeks, and additional VIDEO adverts can be purchased as listed on the price list.
- CAMPAIGN OPTIMISATION
Your dedicated Account Manager monitors the performance of your adverts daily to ensure you’re always getting the highest return on investment.
Demographic, Behaviour and Interest Targeting are all included as part of the package. Target your prospects based on location, age, gender, educational background, financial situation (e.g. likely household income), parental status, industry they work in and a host of other lifestyle, behaviours and interests just mention a few of the options available.
- DESKTOP & MOBILE PLACEMENTS
Have your Ads shown across all platforms; Desktop PC, Laptop, Mobile device and Tablets. Ads will be shown in all of the available areas.
- INSTAGRAM PLACEMENTS
Your Ads will be seen across both the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT WITH FULL REPORTING DASHBOARDS
The real value in using 33Signals is the dedicated Account Management and Ad monitoring you get. Daily Dashboards and monitoring ensure you’re always getting the best possible return on investment on your Ad spend and we constantly monitor your ad performance and adjust targeting (and sometimes imagery) to ensure you get to your target audience. And over a 3- to 6-month period these tweaks will really help you move your brand / product / service exposure to the next level!
- DURATION OF CAMPAIGN : The 6-month Essentials Package.
1 x Campaign for a 3-month period OR
You can get Essentials Plus over a 1-month period.
You have the option to renew or upgrade to another 33Signals package.
The 33Signals Accelerator package is designed for small and mid-sized businesses that really want to achieve maximum brand / product / service awareness and wish to maximise their exposure on Facebook and Instagram. 33Signals Accelerator offers you maximum exposure at the most optimum price and also includes 3 x Campaigns thus allowing you to have multiple exposure options simultaneously. So you could run a campaign to build brand awareness, run a call to action campaign (e.g. to promote a sale or introduction of a new product / service), and you could run a campaign to drive people to your shop / store – all simultaneously! 33Signals Accelerator includes the following:
- ADVERT CREATIVE
6 x professionally created adverts, a combination of static and VIDEO adverts VIDEO adverts will be refreshed a maximum of every 6 weeks Additional VIDEO adverts can be purchased as listed on the price list
- CAMPAIGN OPTIMISATION
Your dedicated Account Manager monitors the performance of your adverts
daily to ensure you’re always getting the highest return on investment
Demographic, Behaviour and Interest targeting are all included as part of the package. Target your prospects based on location, age, gender, educational background, financial situation (e.g. likely household income), parental status, industry they work in and a host of other lifestyle, behaviours and interests just mention a few of the options available!
- DESKTOP & MOBILE PLACEMENTS
Have your Ads shown across all platforms; Desktop PC, Laptop, Mobile device and Tablets. Ads will be shown in all of the available areas.
- INSTAGRAM PLACEMENTS : Your Ads will be seen across both the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT WITH FULL REPORTING DASHBOARDS
The real value in using 33Signals is the dedicated Account Management and Ad monitoring you get. Daily Dashboards and monitoring ensure you’re always getting the best possible return on investment on your Ad spend and we constantly monitor your ad performance and adjust targeting (and sometimes imagery) to ensure you get to your target audience. And across 3 Campaigns and over a 12-month period you won’t find better value for money anywhere else!
- DURATION OF CAMPAIGN
The Accelerator package gives you 3 x Campaigns for a 12-month period. You won’t need anything else as everything is covered under this amazing and unique option.
Website Feature Summary: *All prices exclude VAT and are subject to final confirmation, once full scope of website build has been established **2nd year prices are based on Unlimited Inbound Changes only. Should you wish to have a complete site and content refresh after the initial 12 months, then the same monthly price as 1st year price will apply.
- All Packages are Subject to a Min. 12-Month Contract
|Package||Rates||1st Year Prce||2nd Year Price|
|Essentials 5-page Website||€200.00pm||€175.00 pm|
|Essentials PLUS 5-page Website||€220.00pm||€195.00 pm|
|Accelerator 7-page Website||€255.00pm||€200.00 pm|
|Accelerator PLUS 7-page Website||€275.00pm||€255.00 pm|
|E-Commerce Add-on (50 products)||€165.00pm||€130.00 pm|
|Additional Service Hour||€95.00 per hour|
*pm = per month
All Prices Exclude VAT, presently we are not vat registered, but will be soon.