DIGITAL MARKETING STATISTICS (2018)
50+ USA GAME-CHANGING SMALL BUSINESS. Factual Marketing Reports
Marla Contreras-Sweet, a Small Business Administrator of the Untied States Small business administration Asked , “ What creates two (2) out of three (3) net new American jobs and produces close to half of our nation’s goods and services (excluding non farm private GDP) and can be found, coast to coast, in every small town, big city and rural enclave” Your wondering what? right.
THE ANSWER : is the 28 million small businesses that drive the economy and provide goods and services across the nation. These 28 million small businesses in America account for 54% of all U.S. sales in 2017 ( https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/manage-your-business/manage-your-finances )
WE SUGGEST : YOU Use this list as a gauge of where your small business stands in the USA pack.
WE SUGGEST : YOU make strategic marketing decisions in your digital marketing game plan for 2018 and start planning now for 2019 and beyond.
For example, while 77.6 percent of SMBs (2017, up from 73.2 percent in 2016) say they use social media in their marketing strategy, only32 percent of SMBs seriously invest in social media marketing. Considering 81 percent of the entire U.S. population has at least one social media profile (2017), maybe that’s an opportunity you should jump on before it becomes mainstream among small businesses in your industry.
- Less than 8% of total B2B product sales are closed directly through the Internet, versus 15% for B2C products.
- Studies show that between 70-80% of people research a company online BEFORE visiting the small business or making a purchase with them.
- 28% of SMBs say word of mouth is the most effective way to attract new customers, and 20% say SEO is.
- Most small businesses focus on increasing revenue (72%), but they also see a great value in establishing new customer relationships (60%), and marketing and advertising (46%). (Business Insider 2017)
- 43% of SMBs says that improving customer experience and retention is their top strategy to improve revenue growth.
- 30% say that keeping up with technology advances is a major concern of small business owners.
- Driving sales (51.3%) and building brand awareness (48.4%) are the two top digital marketing priorities for small businesses (2017)
- Mobile usage per B2B worker is expected to increase from two hours a day to three by 2020, driven by millennials, Gen Z, and the increasing use of smartphones by older workers (Google, 2017)
- Mobile drives, or influences, an average of more than 40% of revenue in leading B2B organizations (Google, 2017)
- 50% of B2B Business to Business search queries today are made on smartphones, and will grow to 70% by 2020, that is only 1.5 years away people.
- Mobile marketing can accelerate time to B2B purchase by 20% (Boston Consulting Group, 2017)
- 96% of SMBs say they use social media in their marketing strategy.
- Almost 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75% say they’ve increased traffic.
- 32% of small businesses invest in social media marketing.
- 25% of small businesses invest in online marketing.
- 17% are investing in search engine optimization (SEO).
- 26% are investing in email marketing.
- 50% of small business owners use 2 or fewer software platforms or applications in their marketing.
- Email, website, and social media are the top three marketing tools used by small businesses:
- 54% email
- 51% website
- 48% social media
- Less than 30% of small businesses use Web site analytics, call tracking, or coupon codes. 18% of small businesses admit to not tracking anything.
- 56% of those with a website say their website has a responsive design.
Digital Marketing Channels: SEO Statistics
- Google accounted for 91% of US site visits produced by mobile search in Q3 2017 (Merkle, Digital Marketing Report Q3 2017)
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- The average mobile webpage still takes 15.3 seconds to load (Google, 2018)
- 3 in 4 smartphone owners turn to mobile search first to address their immediate needs (Google, 2017)
SOME WEBSITE FACTS
- Approximately 50% of SMBs have invested in a website, great!
- Approximately 30% of small businesses are without a website! WOW!
- Due to over quoted costs, entry to market barrier.
Digital Marketing Channels: DID YOU KNOW ?
- 1 in 10 SMBs don’t invest in any kind of marketing at all, unreal hey.
- 50% of SMBs spend less than $300 per month on online marketing.
- 62% of small businesses are investing 4% or more of their revenue on marketing.
- 37% of small businesses plan to increase their digital marketing spend in the next 12 months.
- 71% of small business owners do their own digital marketing, instead of leaving it to experts. (2017)
- 1 in 5 SMBs don’t use digital marketing yet.
- 60% of SMBs do not have a website, and of those, 30% cite cost as the reason why and 35% feel their operations is too small to warrant a website (2016).
- 47% of small business owners handle marketing efforts on their own. (LeadPages)
- 80% percent of internet users own a smartphone
- If your website doesn’t load in under 3 seconds, 53% of mobile consumers will click the “back” button.
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic, followed by Yahoo at 2% and Bing at 1%. Google Search is also one of the most popular mobile apps in the United (NetMarketShare)
- 53% of mobile website visits are abandoned if a mobile site takes longer than three seconds to load. For every one second delay in site load time, conversions fall by 12% (Google, 2018)
Did you Know ?
THAT 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine (2016), and 47% of people click on one of the first three listings. Some
SO “LETS MAKE YOUR FIRST THREE THINGS PROFITABLE”